Tuesday, May 02, 2006

House warming party

Hmm, the novelty of blogging is wearing off. Or maybe I just have more to do now.

A couple of weekends ago I had my housewarming party. Quite proud of myself really - first party I've ever held all by myself. Australian food went down a treat. I finally got the Anzac bikkies to work along with the Lamingtons. Had some Cadburys chocolate, vegemite sandwiches, date scones and fairy bread. It seems fairy bread is Australian, no one else there seemed to know it. One small disaster.....went to buy the alcohol Sunday morning before the party. Only problem - can't buy booze on Sundays in New Haven. Luckily Steve and Tracy had some at home that they brought along. They also brought a friend that had just arrived from Australia and she'd brought Tim Tams and Jatz bikkies with her. Yum!!

Last weekend, my old flatmate in Sydney, who now lives in Boston, came to stay with her partner Brian. We mostly ate and drank. Got drunk on Sake and ate lots of ice cream (not at the same time).

I have just arrived home from happy hour (on a Wednesday) - having trouble typing. Half price margaritas and free burritos. After drinking we went back to friends' apartment for more drinks. It so happens that they live in the apartment that the Bush's (snr) lived in when they went to Yale. Yes I was in the room that George was conceived in!

Can't figure out how to get photos off my camera and on to the laptop. So hopefully when Pete gets back he can do this (26 days to go). Maybe I have just had too much to drink.

Bye!

No comments: