Thursday, September 20, 2007

Getting ready for the UK

I leave for England in a few days so I thought I should update the blog before it is swamped with news from the holiday.

Life has been plodding along. We are trying to do lots and see lots before we go back to Australia.

For the labor day long weekend we went for a holiday to New Hampshire staying in a log cabin: http://www.bearmountainlodge.net/

I saw a bear while on to the phone to Dad for Fathers' Day but it disappeared before Pete came.

We've done all sorts of things including tubing down a river for two hours which was very peaceful - except for falling in.

Last weekend was the geology field trip. Pete thoroughly enjoyed it - I didn't see why I had to go to work on a Saturday.

Dramas mount before the trip to England. It is day -1 and Aunty Linda has lost the Eurostar tickets. Aunty Christine broke her suitcase practicing wheeling it. Mum is wondering why she actually wants to go at all. It seems we've been planning for years! I will keep you updated on daily dramas.

No comments: