Sunday, March 26, 2006

First week on my own

Pete has been gone for a week now. He is glad to be in Hobart with his Mum who seems to be doing a lot better.

I'm discovering what its like to live alone again. Actually I don't think I've ever really lived alone before! I have been rebellious this week - like cooking meat and buying heat and eat dinners. This weekend was a lot quieter than normal though and unfortuanately the rubbish doesn't take itself out anymore.

Steve and Tracey have been looking after me and taking me out which is really lovely and keeping me occupied. Otherwise I have been busy buying things for the new flat. I'm really excited about moving. Next weekend I'll be packing and cleaning and the weekend after that there is a carbon sequestration forum on.

I'm thinking about volunteering at the YWCA down the road to keep me busy and meeting people. They have an after-school tutoring program.

The batteries in the camera keep dying so I haven't been able to take any photos. Pete will send some replacements soon - I can't find them in the US.

Bye,
Jaci xx

No comments: